- Ninety percent or more of the job’s work time is spent operating the on-board hydro-vacuum system outside the truck performing non-destructive excavation around sensitive underground piping and cables.
- Other hydro-vac work consists of tank entry, cleaning and vacuuming, mobilization of equipment, attending training sessions, paperwork, truck maintenance, safety meetings, etc.
- Heavy lifting at times is required.
- Confined Space Entry is required to accomplish tasks for some clients
- Working at heights are sometimes required
- The job requires typical construction type hours with some weeks being less than 40 hours and other weeks very busy requiring 50 plus hours.
- High School Diploma or GED
- MUST HAVE A MINIMUM CLASS “B” CDL LICENSE WITH TANKER ENDORSEMENT and CLEAN DRIVING RECORD.
- Minimum of 1 year driving experience with CDL required
- Applicant shall agree to initial Drug/Alcohol testing and random testing thereafter.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Possess a current and valid DOT medical certificate.
- A criminal background check and safety performance verification will be conducted.
- Clean MVR (2 or less traffic violations in current 3 year period).
- Safety mindedness is essential.
- Travel out of state to work will be required at times.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours. (Due to client schedule, our operators may not work every day but must be flexible for irregular hours).
- Underground utility or construction experiences a plus.
Essential Job Functions
- Drive and operate Diamond’s Management Group, Inc. equipment in a safe and professional manner.
- Properly document all Company, Federal, State, and Customer documentation/paperwork as required by law and or established policy in a clear and legible manner.
- Able to effectively and professionally communicate with on-sight customer representative to locate least intrusive and safest place to park company equipment while on job sight.
- Able to lead and direct subordinate personnel to perform duties/tasks in a safe, timely, and efficient manner.
- Able to troubleshoot and as the need arises perform minor repairs to equipment.
Essential Physical Functions/Requirements of the Job
- Hear and distinguish emergency signals and instructions while on duty.
- Must be able to repetitively sit, lift, stoop, bend, squat, kneel, reach and crawl.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in all outdoor elements for extended periods of time.
- Confined Space Entry may be required to accomplish tasks for some clients when applicable.
- Be able to wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
- Must be able to climb ladders, and work from stationary platforms from elevated heights.
- Must be capable of working extended hours and variable shifts.
Hourly Rate & Benefits
- Salary: $26.00 to $30.00 /hour
- Health Care Benefits after 90 days of full-time employment
- Dental Care Benefits after 90 days of full-time employment
- Eye Care Benefits after 90 days of full-time employment
- Life Insurance after 90 days of full-time employment
|Job Category||Hydrovac Operator|